Department of Space Systems Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Kitakyushu, Japan
1. Number of positions: Two assistant professor positions
2. Affiliation: Department of Space Systems Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology
Kyushu Institute of Technology (Kyutech) has been known for its excellence in research and education in space engineering. Space Engineering International Course (SEIC) at the Graduate School of Engineering (GSE) has attracted more than 62 foreign students from more than 20 countries since its start in 2013. Laboratory of Spacecraft Environment Interaction Engineering (LaSEINE) is a leader of research on spacecraft environment interaction. Based on the achievement of the space engineering research and education, Kyutech will launch its Department of Space Systems Engineering in April 2018, which will become the first department of a Japanese university to offer under-graduate courses in space systems engineering. To carry out the research and education in the new department, Kyutech seeks two persons who have professional knowledge regarding space engineering.
4. Content of work:
Position-A (International Research):
Promote international joint research in space field and contribute to global education at undergraduate and graduate levels. Examples of global education are (1) assistance in academic paper writing, (2) guidance in presentation, (3) training on debate and discussion in English, (4) advance training prior to international internship, etc., It is expected that the hired person will spend 6 hours per week performing educational activities in consultation with Kyutech Learning & Training Center.
Position-B (Inter-disciplinary research):
Promote inter-disciplinary research in space field and assist the advanced interdisciplinary education at a graduate level.
For either position, the following candidates are preferred;
(1) Can do education and research in either of Rocket Propulsion, Control, and Communication.
(2) Has interest in hands-on type space engineering education and research through a space development project such as rocket, satellite, rover, etc..
5. Starting date: As soon as possible after October 1st, 2017, but before December 31, 2017
6. Period: Until March 31, 2020
1) Have a doctoral degree or expect to have the degree before starting
2) Solid command of English (Speaking, Listening, Writing) for position-A
The annual salary is 4,800,000 yen (400,000 yen/month)
9. Application documents:
Photo attached, birth date, present address, telephone number for contact, e-mail address, educational history (after high school graduation), work experience, any qualifications (licenses)
(2)List of publications
Papers in refereed journals, Conference proceedings, Books, review, and Others
(3)List of competitive research grants obtained
(4)Social activity, honors, organizations
(6)Statement of purpose (Less than 800 words)
(7)Name, e-mail address and phone number of two referees
The following is not mandatory. But if you have one, please attach. If you are a native English speaker, there is no need.
(8)Proof of English proficiency (record of TOEFL, TOEIC, etc.)
10. Deadline: No later than 24:00 JST of August 20, 2017
11. Submission and inquiry:
Please send the application package to the following via e-mail with the title [Kyutech Assistant Professor Application]
Prof. Mengu Cho
Kyushu Institute of Technology
Please indicate whether you are applying for position (A) or (B) as mentioned above.
If you have any questions, please send e-mail to email@example.com
12. Selection process: After screening based on received application packages. An interview will be held if necessary.
Laboratory of Spacecraft Environment Interaction Engineering
Center for Nanosatellite Testing
Space Engineering International Course